Washington, D.C. partner Jesse Witten presented, "Navigant Presents: Meaningful Use Incentive Program Audits - Do You Really Know What You’re Attesting?" During the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Drinker Biddle, and Navigant Consulting webinar on Wednesday, June 11.
This webinar was intended for hospitals' and health systems' legal, compliance and regulatory personnel and covered:
- First Criminal Indictment – Submitting a false attestation of the hospital's meaningful use of electronic health records (EHR) technology through the Medicare EHR program
- Lawsuit Activity – EHR implementation
- State and Federal Audit Strategies – Identifying, monitoring and addressing fraud and abuse
- Areas of Risk – Payments to ineligible providers, reliance on provider attestations, and provider reliance on software systems
- Compliance Challenges – Stage I and Stage II