Washington, D.C., partner Bob Stoll will speak at the Advanced Practice under the America Invents Act Conference on Thursday, April 11, in Dallas, Texas.
The advanced course is for experienced in-house and private practice lawyers who want to take a critical look at the AIA and other issues facing patent law that need to be addressed.
Bob’s panel is titled, “AIA: What did we achieve, what are the unintended consequences, and what still needs to be done?” Professor David O. Taylor, SMU Dedman School of Law will moderate and Bob will be joined on the panel by Philip S. Johnson, Chief Patent Counsel, Johnson & Johnson and Bart Showalter of Baker Botts.
Topics will include:
- Will patent quality improve?
- What are the unintended consequences?
- Will the AIA lead to greater international harmonization?
- How important is harmonization, and what remains to be done?
- Need for additional reform/changes?
- Technical amendments to AIA; and
- Outlook for current congressional term.
For more information, click here.