We help our clients navigate the ever-changing world of complex environmental laws and regulations to arrive at practical, cost-effective solutions that allow them to profit from opportunities.
From contamination and site remediation, to wetlands, storm water management and special land use conservation regulations, we strive to integrate a fresh perspective and legal insight with sound business strategies. We work closely with our environmental lawyers to help clients clear the environmental hurdles inherent in acquiring, selling, developing and redeveloping environmentally sensitive property. Our environmental services include federal, state and administrative litigation, transactional assistance and regulatory counseling across the full spectrum of environmental programs and issues.
Our environmental lawyers include litigators, regulatory counselors, scientists, engineers and transactional lawyers. Most of all, we are problem solvers, aided by the relationships we have forged with key federal, state and local regulators over our many years of practice. Many of our lawyers have held significant policy and enforcement positions in state and federal governments. Our lawyers are known for their ability to work effectively and cooperatively with government officials at all levels.
With the goal of providing practical solutions to environmental problems, whether for a commercial, industrial or mixed-use project, urban or suburban, residential or office space, we guide our clients through the planning, development and implementation phases of every environmental regulatory program. Our services include:
- Developing strategies to reuse environmentally impaired sites through the use of state and federal Brownfields programs.
- Addressing regulatory compliance through internal audit programs, preparing for agency inspections, negotiating consent agreements and obtaining permits.
- Coordinating all aspects of zoning and land development applications and permitting.
- Structuring business, real estate, banking and corporate transactions to minimize environmental risks.
- Negotiating environmental insurance coverage to address specific issues in transactions.
- Forming comprehensive strategies for managing solid and hazardous wastes.