Philanthropic Advice You Can Trust
Our Professional Outsourced Philanthropic Solutions (POPS℠) platform is an innovative tool to help nonprofits better focus on their mission by streamlining and maximizing the efficiency of the entire donation process.
Through our platform, nonprofits gain access to more than 1,200 lawyers, paralegals, trust administrators, information technology specialists and marketing professionals in offices nationwide. Our team of dedicated professionals serves as your virtual staff to handle burdensome tasks such as corporate governance, marketing, grant management and help desk support.
The POPS platform offers the following core programs:
- Foundation Management
- Donor Advised Fund Management
- Charitable Gift Annuity Management
- State Regulatory Compliance
We make every effort to learn about you, your background, passions and values so that we may better understand your unique needs in order to allocate the most efficient and effective resources to make the day to day management of a nonprofit easier.
We understand that each nonprofit is unique, and we are committed to providing advice that is finely calibrated to your nonprofit’s needs. Our team makes every effort to learn all there is to know about you and your operations, your challenges and your goals. The following is a representative list of the benefits and services our team is prepared to offer you:
- A Dedicated Team. Our core team is led by Drinker Biddle partner Andrew Grumet, who has 20 years of experience working with nonprofits, including donor advised funds. Andrew and his team will provide personalized assistance to you and your trustees.
- Scalable Staff of Legal Professionals. We are resourced to provide a full array of donor services and our team of experienced attorneys, paralegals and legal assistants are fully equipped to support you in the maintenance and administration of your donor advised fund program.
- Help Desk Support. Our dedicated call center, open from 8 am to 8 pm on weekdays, is staffed by Donor Service Coordinators (paralegals and legal assistants) who can assist you (and your donors, if desired) with accessing and navigating donor portal, account opening and funding, making grant recommendations and more.
- Online Donor Portal. A customized, user-friendly online portal allows you and your donors to engage directly with the fund, offering the ability to make grants, check fund balances, view performance, and see grant history all at the click of a button.
- Donation Processing. We will work with you to implement a workflow to coordinate gift acceptance in accordance with board adopted policies and procedures.
- Complex Assets. We have the ability to handle any and all complex assets (e.g., LLC interests, private equity, real estate and collectibles); review due diligence and perform work necessary to accept and dispose of such gifts. We will also advise your Board on risk management and tax issues related to these assets.
- Grant-Making Services. We have the ability to handle the full array of grant-making services, including grants to traditional public charities, as well as international grants and other types of organizations.
- Governance. Our team assists in all matters of governance including coordinating and staffing your Board and committee meetings, reviewing all fund contracts, supervising audit and tax return preparation, and coordinating any necessary charitable state renewal registrations.
- Marketing. Our professionals will help to design and create a customized website and marketing materials, including newsletters, articles and videos to promote your fund.