We work with clients to create or review various aspects of their employment agreements and policies and perform audits to help them assess their work environments. Clients often ask us to create or review their employment agreements, policies and handbooks.
We often work with clients on their employment agreements, policies and handbooks, and conduct audits of personnel policies and practices ranging from specific issues to comprehensive audits of all the company’s employment law practices. We also regularly conduct due diligence in the context of a sale, acquisition or public offering.
Our clients often look to us to assess the state of their work environment. We have created and implemented comprehensive and general practices audits to ensure that our clients meet all of their affirmative action, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and diversity goals. Our audits are designed to mitigate our clients’ risk and reinforce good workplace practices. In the event of an agency audit, we have worked with clients to develop successful strategies that have resulted in “no violation” findings.
Our representative matters in the areas of document reviews and policy, personnel audits, OFCCP Compliance and diversity audits include:
Document Reviews and Policy/Personnel Audits
- Worked with a well-known statistician on a national project involving the design, distribution and analysis of a job questionnaire focused on testing the classification of the client’s managers for overtime exemption purposes.
- Conducted a nationwide review of an international company’s personnel policies and practices, made recommendations and lead a compliance team to effect change.
- Analyzed a client’s hiring, promotion and compensation practices in the context of preventing anticipated class action claims.
- Executed an FLSA exemption status audit of more than 50 positions in multiple departments for a national bank, analyzed associated legal risks and made recommendations for changes.
- We have continuing and regular engagements by private equity funds to evaluate labor and employment law compliance at target companies.
- We regularly conduct audits of portfolio companies for private equity fund clients.
OFCCP Compliance and Diversity Audits
- Reviewed business alignment and risk management of diversity initiatives and developed metrics to measure progress for a Global 10 energy company.
- Developed a diversity strategy for a Fortune 100 consumer products company to avert an impending class action lawsuit and re-energize diversity efforts.
- Obtained a closure — with no adverse findings — of no fewer than 13 OFCCP compliance evaluations, covering thousands of employees in 11 different states over a 15-month period, on behalf of a Fortune 500 company.
- Defeated an OFCCP audit of a major not-for-profit based on our analytical and statistical rebuttal of the agency’s allegations of pay violations.
- Identified apparent pay disparities through a compensation analysis for a Fortune 500 company, which enabled our client to prepare for and mitigate any associated risks.
How to Get the Most Out of Your Employee Payroll Audit: Avoiding Discrimination Under the California Fair Pay Act and in Employee Benefit Plans