We believe we can best serve our clients by anticipating and resolving employment issues before they ripen into litigation. Our team takes a creative approach to counseling which includes fixed-fee retainer agreements that provide clients access to timely advice on day-to-day workplace legal issues.
We help clients develop in-house training programs on workplace issues and conduct audits of personnel policies, wage and hour compliance, and hiring, promotion and compensation practices. We also conduct comprehensive risk assessments, designed to uncover and solve employment law compliance issues and work with clients to develop appropriate prevention programs.
In collaboration with in-house legal counsel, executives, managers and human resources professionals, we regularly counsel our clients on such issues as:
These are some examples of our counseling approach:
- Conducted a series of “lessons learned” training sessions for in-house managers and HR professionals following the successful resolution of a multi-plaintiff employment litigation against a major university.
- Conducted a statistical analysis of our client’s hiring, promotion and compensation practices designed to prevent anticipated class action claims.
- Developed training for a national financial services company on topics such as sexual harassment, the ADA and wage and hour laws. A fixed retainer agreement gave the client’s HR professionals the option to contact us any time on emerging employment matters.
- Advised on recent trends in U.S. labor law in order to enable human resources managers to anticipate and prepare for the latest developments in the employment arena, at a bottling company’s annual human resources conference.
- Helped a national manufacturer implement a mandatory employee arbitration program. This program has resulted in the reduction of fees and costs associated with employment litigation.
- Prepared affirmative action programs for a client with numerous nationwide locations. We then represented that same client in an OFCCP audit that was successfully concluded in the client’s favor.
- Conducted an internal investigation of racial and sexual harassment complaints against a national clothing retailer. The investigation resolved these claims prior to litigation.