Our Information Technology and Outsourcing team works with clients at every phase of the technology lifecycle. It’s our goal to develop and execute legal solutions that meet our clients’ business objectives, protect their rights and property and preserve their flexibility in a rapidly-changing environment.
We help clients on a wide range of information technology issues, including system implementation, licensing, outsourcing, information security, privacy and data security, technology development, technology standards development, e-commerce, dispute resolution, big data and social media.
We use our extensive legal and business knowledge to provide counseling and transactional support for the full range of e-commerce and Internet-based activities, including developing service and hosting agreements, implementing employee portals and client extranets, planning data gathering, drafting corresponding privacy policies and rolling out sweepstakes and advertising campaigns.
Our deep experience and knowledge of both the legal and technological aspects of an issue allows us to help clients understand the broader opportunities and ramifications of their technology decisions. We help clients make effective choices that leverage their business assets, maximize productivity and foster innovation.
Our team includes seasoned intellectual property, corporate, privacy and litigation attorneys. We assist with negotiations to contract drafting to policy implementation. In addition, we place a premium on the privacy and data security issues as regulations on privacy and data security evolve. By working with clients at the front end of a project, we seek to avoid potential disputes or litigation. Should a dispute arise, we work to remove our clients from unhealthy IT arrangements and litigate the matter, if necessary.
Our information technology experience includes the following types of representations:
- Assisting clients at every phase in the system implementation lifecycle, including RFPs, software selection, negotiation, contract drafting, user acceptance testing, system support and upgrades and transitions to new systems.
- Analyzing licensing contracts, developing new licensing agreements and amending existing licensing agreements on behalf of vendors and users.
- Assisting clients with a wide range of e-commerce issues, including launching new online initiatives; selecting and registering a domain name; developing retail catalogs, wholesale portals, online malls, health care portals, investment services and consumer and business auctions; and negotiating and drafting applicable licensing agreements.
- Creating effective, enforceable agreements for data center outsourcing, call centers, web- and system-hosting, IT support and other services.
- Helping clients manage privacy and data security concerns.
- Advising clients on compliance with privacy and data security laws, as well as the implementation of industry-specific regulations and best practices.
- Litigating information technology disputes, including individual and class action lawsuits.
- Counsel clients on the use of open source software and implementing open source licensing/distribution models.