New technology initiatives and transactions have never been more critical to the future of your organization. We can help.
For more than two decades our Health Care Industry Team has worked with academic medical centers, community hospitals and integrated health systems on strategic and technology initiatives and transactions, as well as technology acquisition.
We help our clients develop and execute IT-based strategies to integrate hospitals and health systems with community providers. These strategies include the extension of clinical, financial and related systems through joint ventures, joint operating agreement and affiliation agreements. As a result, our clients have achieved a meaningful return on the significant investments made in these systems and services, while advancing toward their growth and affiliation goals. Our involvement ranges from advising on the pricing and business models and related governance structures, to the development of contracting strategies and all necessary contracts.
We have negotiated and structured long-term strategic partnerships with technology vendors for both the acquisition of technology and the development and commercialization of new technologies and services. These arrangements have allowed hospitals to realize the value they bring to their technology vendors as incubators for new products and services. Our team is proficient in technology acquisition strategies for domestic and international enterprises, and the development and commercial application of innovative technologies.
We represent clients in negotiations with all of the major technology vendors and service providers. Our knowledge of the marketplace consistently translates into significant savings for our clients, far in excess of our fees, while delivering contracts that provide our clients “best practices” in customer protections.
Our Health Information Technology experience includes:
Strategic Transactions & Advice
- Hospital/Community provider IT integration strategies and ambulatory EMR programs
- Affiliation strategies based on the extension of clinical, financial and ancillary systems and services
- Structuring joint ventures and consortia between independent hospitals to provide shared IT systems and services
- Strategic partnership with IT and technology vendors (including acquisition of technology, and joint development of new technologies and innovations for internal use and potential commercialization)
- Managing IT migration and disentanglement issues in connection with hospital consolidations and unwinding of affiliation agreements
- Development of private and regional HIEs
Hospitals as System Providers
- Business modules to extend hospital systems and related services to independent hospitals
- Governance models for shared clinical and related systems and services
- Contracts and contracting strategies to execute business and strategy
Software, Hardware and SaaS Acquisition
- Ambulatory and inpatient EMRs
- Data warehouses, business intelligence and other “Big Data” solutions
- Revenue cycle management and billing • Decision support and population health management tools
- Diagnostic and clinical equipment
- Payor systems (including claims processing, claims payment and risk management systems)
Clinical equipment (imaging, interventional, therapeutic and surgical) Outsourced Services
- Clinical engineering services outsourcing
- Cloud and other remote hosting arrangements
- Outsourced data centers
- IT outsourcing arrangements
- Joint ventures with for-profit ventures
- Product development and distribution
- For-profit spin outs
- Corporate venture capital investing opportunities
- Implementing intellectual property policies and technology transfer