Our Education Team provides clients with a full range of legal, regulatory and legislative services to help them achieve their missions and objectives. As a coordinated, multidisciplinary group, our lawyers offer broad legal experience, along with focused knowledge of the dynamic higher education industry, to address the complex legal issues clients face. We offer demonstrated national leadership in handling the core issues of postsecondary educational institutions and bring to these engagements deep knowledge of the legal and regulatory environment in which they operate.
We represent a broad spectrum of entities with an interest in higher education, including for-profit and nonprofit colleges; academic medical centers; private equity funds and other investors in for-profit educational institutions; financial institutions that serve postsecondary educational institutions; educational associations and accrediting organizations; and third parties providing support services to the higher education community.
We are actively engaged in legislative, regulatory and policy matters before Congress, the U.S. Department of Education and other federal agencies and state regulatory entities throughout the nation.
We help clients with a wide range of education legal needs, including:
- Corporate Governance and Fiduciary Duties
- Corporate Transactions and Financings
- Distance Education
- Employment and Labor Matters
- Environment and Energy
- Health Care Regulatory Compliance
- Intellectual Property
- Legislative Matters
- Litigation and Internal Investigations
- Planned Giving and Investments
- Privacy and Data Security
- Public and Tax-Exempt Finance
- Real Estate
- State Authorization and Oversight
- Telecommunications and Broadcasting
- U.S. Department of Education Regulatory Compliance