Drinker Biddle is a national, full-service law firm providing litigation, regulatory and business solutions to public and private corporations, multinational Fortune 100 companies and start-ups. Building on a rich 167-year history, our more than 635 lawyers across 12 offices today uphold our firm’s reputation for outstanding legal results and bring a sophisticated, forward-thinking approach to every client engagement.
We combine a comprehensive range of legal services with significant national roles in industries, including—but not limited to—health care, financial services, insurance, energy, retail, education, and pharma and life sciences. Through deep industry knowledge and a commitment to excellence, clients can rely on us to deliver the counsel and insight needed to win complex class actions, close billion-dollar transactions and stay ahead of ever-changing regulations.
Our firm, lawyers and practice groups are routinely recognized for their results, client service and pro bono efforts. Among our recent recognitions:
- More than 69 lawyers and 13 practice groups recognized as leaders in their fields by Chambers and Partners, a client and peer reference-driven guide to the world’s top lawyers
- Intellectual Property Practice Group ranked in the World Trademark Review 1000 for 2017, recognizing the Washington D.C. and Chicago offices, as well as individual lawyers
- Named insurance “Law Firm of the Year,” for the second year in a row, by international industry-leading publication Reactions. Drinker Biddle was also named the number one insurance law firm in five of the six categories in the Reactions Legal Survey 2016, namely Litigation, Regulatory, M&A, ILS and Insolvency
- Received a score of 95 out of 100 on the 2017 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), a national benchmarking survey and report on corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ workplace equality conducted by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation
- One of a select group of 25 law firms named to BTI Consulting Group’s list of Most Recommended Law Firms for at least four years or more in a row
- Recognized as one of the top law firms in the country by U.S. News and World Report, in more than 35 practice areas
- Corporate Restructuring Practice recognized by The Legal Intelligencer as the top Bankruptcy practice in Pennsylvania, and one of top three best law firm corporate practices
We believe that by reflecting the composition and attributes of our clients and communities, we are better equipped to understand their needs and objectives. One of our firm’s core values is to cultivate an inclusive culture.
Our diversity initiatives are designed to: 1) foster mutual professional and personal respect; 2) create an environment in which individual contributions are valued and where biases based on race, gender, sexual orientation, or any other category do not exist; and 3) attract the best and brightest legal talent from all backgrounds.
From its founding in 1849 to our present-day status as a leading law firm with a national footprint, Drinker Biddle has demonstrated a sustained commitment to excellence in the practice of law, public service and a civil society. Our practice and character are deeply rooted in the firm's history, as exemplified in these historical profiles of our lawyers and services.
Pro bono is part of who we are and what we do, every day. We encourage our attorneys to take up the matters and causes that interest them—our pro bono work is as varied as our people.
In 2015, we devoted 22,000 hours to pro bono work, from counseling services to courtroom advocacy. We work for causes that call out for the skilled advocacy that only the best lawyers can provide.
We are deeply committed to attracting, retaining and advancing women in the firm. As part of our efforts to achieve this goal, we have a vibrant Women’s Leadership Committee that has the full support of the firm and senior leadership to spearhead sustained and ongoing programs to foster the development of great women lawyers.
- Agilent Technologies
- AmerisourceBergen Corporation
- Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago
- Ansell Health Products, Inc.
- AT&T Mobility
- Aventis Pharmaceutical
- BASF Corporation
- Broadcast Music, Inc.
- Brown Brothers Harriman & Co.
- Carl Zeiss Vision, Inc.
- City of Chicago
- Comcast Corporation
- Cott Corporation
- Deutsche Bank Trust Company
- General Electric Company
- Honeywell International
- HSBC Bank USA
- Illinois State University
- International Pharmaceutical Aerosol Consortium
- J.P. Morgan Trust
- Johnson & Johnson
- Kellogg Company
- Kulicke & Soffa Industries, Inc.
- Laureate Education, Inc.
- Manufacturers and Traders Trust Company
- Matrix Realty, Inc.
- Medicare Access for Partners-Rx Coalition
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Motorola, Inc.
- Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
- Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc.
- Oncology Nursing Society
- Penske Truck Leasing Co., LP
- Pfizer Inc.
- Puerto Rico Telephone Company
- Quaker Chemical Corporation
- Questor Partners
- RadioShack Corporation
- Royal Caribbean International
- Selective Insurance Group, Inc.
- Serta, Inc.
- Sprint Corporation
- The Independent Directors of the Credit Suisse Funds
- The Travelers Companies, Inc.
- Trammell Crow Company
- University of Pennsylvania
- University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Urban Outfitters, Inc.
- USG Corporation
- Wakefern Food Corporation